- Do not ask me if I want any of the specials. Most of the time, I am too nice to turn you down, or I don't understand what it is that you are offering me, and I definitely do not expect it to be $20 more. And really, if it doesn't do anything, please do not offer it to me. That just bugs me.
- Do not talk to other hair stylists in a different language. Just because I don't understand you does not mean that I don't know you are talking about how dead my hair is or how dirty it was when it came in, or any other insecurity I might be having that day. This goes for when you guys whisper as well. Please share this with the people that so my toes as well. Thanks.
- If I suggest a haircut that is going to make me look hideous, please do not do it. You are an expert on hair, and I sometimes pick things on a whim, so if it is not good...tell me. I will respect your decision and more than likely follow it. You are not forcing your opinion on me, you are saving me from certain embarrassment.
- When I ask your opinion, do not say whatever I want. I asked your opinion for a reason. You, again, are supposed to be an expert. I asked you because I value your opinion, and obviously I do not know what will work. Please give me advise.
- When I tell you what I want you to do with my hair, and then you recite it back to me. Please get it right. If I say, "Cut it short." and you say, "So you want it short?" and I reply, "Yes.". Please...cut it short! I do not understand why that is difficult, or confusing. I know that sometimes there are mistakes, but honestly...it happening more than once is a little crazy. If you didn't know what I meant, then tell me. Ask me questions, get an idea, something. Don't just assume, and don't pretend to know.
These are just some of my ramblings. I am sure there are many more. I usually give you second, third, or even fourth chances, so I will be back. And I would really like you to get it right. Thank you.