Thursday, July 3, 2008

I Cried Out to God and He Heard Me and Answered My Prayer

I cried out to God with my voice-To God with my voice;
And He gave ear to me.
In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord;
My hand was stretched out in the night without ceasing;
My soul refused to be comforted.
I remembered God, and was troubled;
I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed.
Selah.
You hold my eyelids open;
I am so troubled that I cannot speak.
I have considered the days of old,
The years of ancient times.
I call to remembrance my song in the night;
I meditate within my heart,
And my spirit makes diligent search.
Will the Lord cast off forever?
And will He be favorable no more?
Has His mercy ceased forever?
Has His promise failed forevermore?
Has God forgotten to be gracious?
Has He in anger shut up His tender mercies?
Selah.
And I said, “This is my anguish;
But I will remember the years of the right hand of the Most High.”
I will remember the works of the LORD;
Surely I will remember Your wonders of old.
I will also meditate on all Your work,
And talk of Your deeds.
Your way, O God, is in the sanctuary;
Who is so great a God as our God?
You are the God who does wonders;
You have declared Your strength among the peoples.
You have with Your arm redeemed Your people,
The sons of Jacob and Joseph.
Selah.

Psalm 77:1-15

I read this last night, and although I don't fully understand, I know that the Lord has heard my prayers. In His time, in His way, He will answer it. Oh what a Loving God we serve.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aloha!
It was a blessing visiting your website! I hope that you have not stopped believing that indeed God will answer all your prayers! Hebrews 11:6 says that "God is not pleased with those who come to Him without faith"...in other words, He is very pleased with you that you have trusted Him enough to confidently wait for His answers to all your prayers! Jesus said "Ask ANYTHING in My Name, and you will have it" (John 16:24), and you know that the Word of God does not lie! (Numbers 23:19 and Hebrews 6:18). May God bless you my sister as you continue to trust Him to answer your prayers. I myself pray that His Spirit in you will help you pray appropriately according to His will (Romans 8:26-27)!
JOY